Friday, April 25, 2014

Pretty Friday


Another pretty day here in Middle TN.  We did have some rain during the night, but a while into the day the cloud cover had blown away and it was a pretty blue sky day with pretty white clouds.  Woody spent a lot of the day outside working in our gardens and doing some mowing.  This afternoon he went on a six-mile walk.  I have once again spent most of the day inside...best for me during this high pollen time.  We had some ripe bananas so I made a double batch of Banana Bran muffins.  I have put some in the freezer so we can have them for a quick breakfast or snack.  I did finish the book I was reading and finished the cross stitch part of a picture that I had been working on...now just have some backstitching to do.  I didn't sleep the best last night so that has meant several dozing times for me during the day.  After one of my rests I put together a salt-free Cajun Seasoning blend.  We had run out of the store bought one that we had been using and at the moment none of the stores in Tullahoma have the salt-free kind...so I decided to make my own.  I only made a half-recipe so if we don't like the flavoring then I can either try to order what we had been using or try another recipe for it.  I will be using it in Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.  It should liven things up as there were quite a few different peppers (black, white, red) in it!   Woody is watching a library DVD and I am either going to go finish my cross stitch picture or read an e-book that I checked out from our library's R.E.A.D.S. program.  Tonight's picture is of the dogwood that is in the front of our house...taken today.

No comments:

Post a Comment