Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Joy's Braver Than I!

Joy went to the dentist this afternoon and came back looking like a walrus!  Shortly after she got home she gave me a thumbs up sign saying that it had gone well.  She stayed with us this evening instead of going to church activities.  She needed to stay quiet so she came over here and watched some of the new children's DVD's that were recently purchased for the church library...a perk for being the church library director's granddaughter!!!!  She had two bottom baby teeth removed in anticipation of braces in a few years down the road.  (The length of the root on these baby teeth was unbelievable!)  I made her some pudding for when she starts feeling like eating something soft.  I ended up making two packages as she asked for one flavor and I made the other!  Oh, well, I am sure that there are several mouths next door that will gladly help her eat that other flavor!  We had a normal school day this morning.  As soon as Joy finished with her long Grammy time (reading and sewing), I grabbed a quick bite to eat and then headed on to the church library.  While I was gone Goosey (Woody) and Elijah went on a walk...the "short" four mile route.  Woody said that it took a bit longer with Elijah along!  I'll be that it was an interesting walk...anything with Elijah becomes interesting!  This morning after Isaac had his school time, he and Goosey headed of to do our Wednesday grocery shopping.  All-in-all it has been a typical busy day around here! Joy's dental experience today brought back some memories of me...I had to have teeth out in order to get ready for braces too when I was about her age.  I wasn't as cooperative as she!  And, that bad experience has rolled over to me dreading anything that has to do with a dentist.  Joy handled it much better and seems none the worse for wear!  I hope that she has a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment