Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Lost is Found!

First problem of the morning...at least for me!  Woody lost his key to the new car.  He had a recollection of taking it out of his pocket and putting it "some place."  Now just where that "some place" was...was the problem!  He did a lot of looking and then left it to me to find it while he went to the grocery store, the library and ran some errands.  Thanks a lot!  Before he left he pulled his dresser drawers away from the wall to make sure that the key hadn't fallen behind or under it.  Nope!  But I suggested that he leave his dresser out so I could vacuum behind it...something to do after I looked for the key.  Woody went upstairs before he left and I went downstairs...I stuck my hand down the side of the cushion of his recliner and voila!  There it was...so found it before he even left to run his errands!

I then went back upstairs and vacuumed in our room and left the dresser for Woody to put back when he got back home.  Then I went downstairs and started taking things off the top shelves in the cabinets to the left of the sink.  I got those cabinets all done...so now "just" have the drawers and the lower cabinets on the sink side of the kitchen.  And those are really deep and have LOTS of stuff stored in them.  Another day!

I rested for a while and then started tackling the cooking task of the day--Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.  This takes lots of hours of simmering...I just had a taste a few minutes ago.  Pretty good...worth the effort of all the steps!  Quite spicy using that new salt-free Cajun Seasoning mix that I made and  Andouille sausage.  This recipe is very close to what we had years ago when visiting in New Orleans...they used Andouille sausage in theirs...a rather spicy sausage.  Hopefully the effort of making this will feed for us for several meals, as I'm not sure when I will have enough energy to cook again! At the moment, I'm hurting from the top of my head down to the tips of my toes! Part of the hurt may be my body telling me that there are storms approaching. We are already being warned about potentially dangerous storms the first several days of the new week. I have worked and worked on getting the kitchen cleaned up...but there are still some dishes left over from what went into the dishwasher.  Not sure that those will get washed tonight...unless a kitchen fairy flutters in!  I still have to get the gumbo put away along with the rice (they're cooling while I blog)...then I will collapse! The recliner and the heating pad sound pretty good to me at the moment!

Woody walked his 6-mile route today and did quite a bit in the yard.  So with all his morning errands and walking and yard work, he has had a busy day too.  He is relaxing with a DVD movie that he got at the library today. We haven't heard back from the NIH appointment scheduler about his next appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment