Monday, April 14, 2014

Progress!

This morning Woody took our older car to have its brakes worked on and then he walked back to the house...walk #1.  I got up and got to work in the kitchen.  Over the weekend I had completed cleaning one more of the cabinets.  So had two left on the refrigerator/stove/oven side of the kitchen and I decided that my goal for today would to be to finish that side of the kitchen.  One of the cabinets just had to have one shelf done...but...it was the one with all the spices, lazy susans, etc.  When I got that one done (with all the spices back in alphabetical order), then the cabinet left was the one directly over the refrigerator...one that I rarely get into.  And, boy could you tell that 1) it was over the refrigerator and 2) it was rarely used...lots of dust inside it.  There isn't really much up there...an old fashioned oil lamp for emergencies, some stacking cake plates AND silver pieces that were wedding presents (back in the day before crystal became a popular wedding gift!).  Well, those silver pieces slowed down the process as I did feel that if I was going to clean the dust off of them that I should probably polish them...what a job!  But I now have some pretty pieces all polished and hopefully stored better so they aren't so black when next I see them!  I know why crystal overtook silver in popularity! Lots easier to clean!  So one side of the kitchen is completed as far as clean kitchen cabinets and drawers!  Wonder if  I'll be up to continuing on to the other side of the kitchen tomorrow!?! After lunch Woody went on his 2nd walk of the day...his daily 4-mile-walk.  I talked on the phone with a friend while I made a pot of chili for our supper.  That about sums up our day...now for a little dancing...with the stars that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment