Thursday, October 16, 2014

Busy Thursday

Woody and I have both stayed busy most of the day.  I started off by deciding that it was time to get everything back into the dining room.  I had left the dining room chairs out of the dining room after I shampooed the carpet because I wanted to dust and lemon oil them before putting them back.  I also wanted to lemon oil the table before the chairs got put back...so...I did the polishing this morning. They do look nice...it had been a while!  I still need to do the same to the china cabinet and buffet...but...another day!  After I did that I came upstairs and worked on Joy's Native American princess dress.  It is completed except for fringing the sleeves...a job for tomorrow.  I sat for a few minutes after getting that done and then headed downstairs to make our supper.  I made two dishes for tonight's supper which entailed also making homemade cream of chicken soup...getting pretty good at making that...can "almost" remember all the ingredients and amounts.  I only needed half of what I made so will freeze the rest...that will make it easier the next time that I need some.  I have attempted to get the kitchen cleaned up.  The dish washer is loaded, but...at the moment my back is rebelling about bending over to put in the dishwasher detergent.  Perhaps my back will allow it before bed tonight.  But at the moment my back is saying that I have done a bit too much today.

Woody headed off this morning to the Post Office to mail a couple books to publishers that requested them when he got their permissions to use quotes from books by their authors. Then he went to the Tullahoma News office to see about putting a blurb in the paper about his book.  Then he headed off to Shelbyville to their newspaper office to see about getting one in their paper.  The lifestyles editor interviewed him at the Shelbyville paper.  Now, our Shelbyville friends will have to keep a watch and see if something gets printed (hint, hint, Doyle and Linda). Woody also helped me out with supper preparations by skinning the chicken.

Now we are settled in for the evening resting after our busy day.  I think that I am about done in for the day...I'm not sure about Woody!

No comments:

Post a Comment