Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Where In The World?



Our world travelers, Nathan and Graham, have returned from 12 days in Ethiopia, Africa.  They had quite the time juggling in schools, teaching juggling and learning about the culture.  I haven't had much of a chance yet to hear about their latest African adventure.

We had school this morning...Isaac, Elijah, Abigail, and Joy and then Esther and Graham came over for their long time...Esther with me and Graham with Woody.  After lunch Woody headed off to Kroger and I headed to the church library.  We had left overs for supper.  I sat down after supper and dozed off...that wasn't in my plans!  Then I came in to figure out how to tell about Nathan and Graham's trip in pictures.  I "stole" the picture of Nathan and Graham from Kathy's Facebook page.  Thanks, Kathy!  It's good to have them safe and sound back in Tullahoma.  I have been talking to my sister while I have blogged...so not sure if it makes sense or not!  One more photo...the Ethiopian flag that has been on display at our church for the duration of their mission trip:


2 comments:

  1. Glad they made it home safe. I love that map fabric! Where did you find it? I might have to make some blankets or pillows for Christmas presents.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia, I got the world map fabric panel at our local JoAnn's. It only opened recently and I found it one day when I was browsing around. I gave it to all the children for their "unbirthday present" on Abigail and Joy's birthday celebration. I told them that we would make it into a "mat" to use in the school room over here. I think that I am going to let Esther make the mat. It will be good sewing machine seaming practice. I plan that we will put a thin piece of batting or flannel in the middle...not sure what I will use as a backing, yet. The kids are such world travelers they are really interested in maps. Elijah is especially interested at the moment and we are working on learning the continents. I am especially glad to have (for the moment) up to date African countries. My globe was given to me as a child and the divisions and names are very out of date. None the less Elijah loves to spin it and put his finger on it to stop it and see where he lands! (All this is just the social studies teacher coming out in me!)

      Delete