Friday, October 24, 2014

Busy Times!



It has been a busy day in the Dorrell households.  I started out going over to their house trying to get my iPad back online.  Nathan (my "in-house" tech) had taken Graham to the orthodontist and the rest of the family was busy into their once-a-month cooking.  I sat down (note I didn't join in the cooking!) and helped Kathy out by feeding Joseph his morning fruit and cereal.  Not long after I had finished feeding him, his daddy and Graham came home and Nathan got my iPad talking to the internet once again.  I did take a few pictures of the monumental cooking task.  We got a kick out of the aprons.  I had made "all" (at one time) of the children an apron...guess it was Graham, Abigail and Joy.  Isaac is now wearing Graham's and Esther was wearing Abigail's and Joy put on hers that I had made all those long years ago.  We decided that she needs a new one...thus a sewing project was born!  Graham and Abigail have both made their own aprons in the past year so now Joy will make her own.  Elijah wasn't "into" cooking today...he had had quite a job helping debone chicken yesterday!  He had enough of cooking yesterday!  So when I went home he walked home with me. We put Elijah to work harvesting our parsley.  Then I cut off the stems and got it ready to wash.  When it was ready to wash, Elijah took over the "spinning job."  I have a lettuce spinner that you can wash it and dry it while spinning it around.  He loved that job.  He even came back later and asked to "spin" some more.  And, it was perfect timing as I had more of the parsley ready to wash.  He learned about centrifugal force...so washing parsley turned into a science lesson.  Goosey (Woody) had another job for him that involved him being a hunter.  That intrigued him.  He and Goosey headed off to the store to buy some gum...they were going on a mole hunt.  We had read that if you put pieces of juicy fruit gum down in active mole holes that they will be attracted to it and ingesting it will kill them.  We and the neighbors have some pesky moles that need to be gotten rid of one way or another!  Goosey and Elijah went off on their hunt singing: "Going on a mole hunt.  Got my GUM!"  So time will tell if this method is effective for getting rid of our unwelcome pests--the moles.  Back to the parsley...I borrowed Nathan and Kathy's dehydrator and put the parsley leaves in it and we now have nicely dried parsley.  I plan to chop it up in the blender and we will have nice fresh dried parsley for our recipes.  I am drying my second batch of parsley and also some fresh rosemary.

I have spent a  little time today trying to get prescriptions that the doctor phoned in to our pharmacy yesterday all straightened out.  My insurance company needs further information from the doctor before deciding if they will approve a new prescription.  So I had to make a phone call to the doctor's office to make sure that they had gotten the fax from the pharmacy.  When I went in to pick up my prescriptions, they hadn't heard from the insurance company yet...so we will wait on that one for a while...if I get it at all!  Right after I called the doctor's office, they called me to report about my lab work from yesterday.  All was acceptable...so I'm good to go for another six months.

Woody went for a four-mile walk shortly after lunch.  Children were in and out today once they finished their school work.  At one time I started counting and counted that there were seven grandchildren and one son in our bedroom...all at once...cozy!  This evening after supper Nathan came over to help us make some final decisions for a couple of Christmas presents (just about 'tis the season time). So all in all...very busy day in the two Dorrell households.

No comments:

Post a Comment