Saturday, October 4, 2014

Time to Store Up Those Nuts!

I guess today's colder temps (got down to 39 overnight) told this little squirrel that he needed to get going on his winter storehouse!  I caught this little guy perched rather precariously on a "knob" at the edge of this branch.  He was sitting there when I pulled into the driveway and I guess I scared him into sitting very still, as I was able to roll down the car window, snap several pictures and get out of the car and walk up the front walk and get almost right in front of him before he dared scamper off up the tree.

Woody did Saturday errands early this morning...WalMart and the library.  I lazed around for a while this morning as it was hard to leave the warmth of the throw that I had managed to wrap around me.  I always look forward to the cooler temperatures of Fall, forgetting that my body due to the Transverse Myelitis doesn't like the change of seasons and really doesn't like colder temperatures.  It was a good day to do some chores around the house as moving around vacuuming and mopping floors helped to warm me up!  I also researched how to make a "crafty something" that Abigail wants for her birthday.  Something that I am just not good at making...never have been...and I am finding out that I'm still not good at doing it.  I have read instructions and watched video "how-tos" online to not much avail when I look at what I have made so far.  If I ever get an end product perhaps you will see it when I post pictures of the girls' (Abigail and Joy) birthday celebration this coming week.

Woody walked four miles after lunch.  He has also done crossword puzzles, watched library DVD's, watched some football, and has read.  We both have donned sweatshirts in honor of the cooler temps. I think that it did manage to get to 60 this afternoon, but just barely.  Well, back to my crafting effort...and then I will read a bit.  Once again...a quiet evening in the Dorrell household.

1 comment: