Wednesday, October 8, 2014

It Works!


 The new chair was delivered and seemed to be approved by all.  Joseph and his mommy got to sit in it and also Nathan and Isaac.  So it has been tested and seems to fit right into the scheme of things.  I'm sure that the delivery men got more entertainment at our house than at any of their other deliveries today.  We had school this morning.  Graham had his Goosey (Woody) time and Esther had her time with me.  They headed home and I started to fix our lunch as we were on a tight schedule today...school...birthday parties...chair delivery...grocery shopping...church library.  About the time that I had one of the ingredients out for our lunch, two little girls popped in to tell us that the furniture delivery truck was here.  Then all little heads except for Joseph popped in to watch the old chair be taken out and the new be brought in.  As soon as it was in place I asked who was going to sit in it first...and bodies flew to the new chair!  They figured out how to get everyone in it so I could take a picture.  As soon as the excitement over the new chair wore down, we headed next door to celebrate Abigail and Joy's birthdays.  Their birthdays are next week but the family celebration needed to be this week.  So party down we did!  We had a delicious s'more concoction and ice cream...yummy.  That easily took the place of lunch as I never did get our lunch made.  Presents were opened to many squeals of excitement for each of them.
Here Joy is reading out of a "Knock, Knock Joke Book" that Abigail gave her.  Joy will be 9 on Sunday and Abigail will be 11 a week from Friday. I broke away from the party to head home and get ready to head to the church. A little after I left, Woody headed to the grocery store to do our weekly Krogering. He also managed to get in his walk early this morning.

And, now for the rest of the story...when I got home from church the following proves that the new chair works:

Woody was dozing soundly...so it must be comfortable.  Well, I'm heading downstairs to get a turn sitting in the new chair! All this excitement has worn me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment