Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall Break!



We're having a break from school this week.  So I have been trying to do some things around here that I don't get around to when we are having school.  Today I made a pot of soup and have been making our birthday present for Joy.  Joy turned 9 yesterday.  We gave her the materials for me to make her a Native American Princess costume at her request. I fit the pattern to her the other day and got underway with cutting it out today.  I started making the pouch/bag that goes with the dress after getting part of it cut out. I machine embroidered a thunderbird design on the pouch fabric and then did a little hand beading.  It is ready to be put together.  But it will have to be put aside as I need to unplug the machine due to storms in the area. Woody ran a couple of errands this morning and then walked four-miles this afternoon.

I'm posting early and minus the photo because we have storms coming.  I had my iPad downstairs because I was using it for a recipe for the soup I made earlier...so decided to post from it and then perhaps add a photo later. Hopefully we won't blow or wash away! (Before I could get upstairs and post a photo, the rain arrived. Now if we could only have rain and a little thunder and lightning...no high winds or tornadoes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment