Monday, October 27, 2014

Golden Hour on Yale

About an hour ago when I was working in the kitchen, I looked out the window and everything looked golden.  The sun was just going down and was shining on the trees down the street.  It is recommended to photographers to take pictures in the "golden hour."  That moment doesn't last very long and really by the time that I got my cameras it wasn't quite as golden as when I first looked out.  As you can see the leaves are turning and starting to fall...as can be witnessed by the pile of leaves at the edge of this photo.  Lots of raking ahead!

I have been working on lots of sewing odds and ends today.  I had told Abigail that I would do part of hand stitching the lining to the zipper before her next sewing lesson so I got that done. She isn't that fond of hand stitching and if we had more time to sew I would have encouraged her to do all of it...but if she is to get this dress finished before winter is over or she outgrows it, I will need to help a bit.  I did leave a couple of inches for her to do so she can practice her dreaded hand stitching.  She is not fond of pins and needles...not good for someone learning to sew!  I think her fear comes from all the pokes and sticks she has gotten from doctors and nurses over the years due to several surgeries. Anyway, she prefers to do as much on the machine as possible...as do I...but rarely is there a sewn item that doesn't require at least a few hand stitches...as she is learning! I also needed to finish Joy's Native American headband as she needs to wear it before her next sewing lesson.  I also mended a dress for posterity's sake...one that all three neighbor granddaughters have worn and will now be stored away.  Now I am cleaning up the sewing room so I can get back to work on Isaac's quilt...Christmas is all too close!

It has been a very mild day and Woody was able to get his four-mile walk in this morning. He also made a couple of visits at the Life Care Center this morning. He has read and worked numerous crossword puzzles. And, is now relaxing in front of the TV...probably doing a bit of multitasking...watching TV and reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment