Friday, October 3, 2014

Out and About


Woody and I went on a little jaunt today in search of a new recliner (Can you hear me saying "yay?") for the family room.  The one we have has been about used to death! We headed west and a bit south to Leoma, TN to Story and Lee Furniture (a little over 80 miles from our house...one way). We hear this furniture store advertised on Huntsville TV quite often, but it was the first time that we had ever been there.  We had oodles of recliners to choose from.  After much sitting and rocking and reclining we went back to two of the first ones that we had tried out and chose from those two.  This coming Wednesday we will find out if we chose well, when it is delivered and placed in the family room (and the old one happily (for me) carted away). After we made our purchase we headed back home and made one more stop at Rick's Barbecue which was just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from the furniture store. We had noted it's location when we drove by and since it was lunch time when we drove back by we couldn't resist stopping as  we both enjoy tasting different restaurant's renderings of  barbecue pork sandwiches.  I guess that this was the first time that I had had one that included slaw on the sandwich (had heard of such, but never partaken before).  After enjoying our sandwiches and Woody also enjoying sides of beans and slaw, we headed on down the road for home.  The morning started out drizzly with low hanging clouds, but by the time we were returning the clouds were breaking up.  I don't have pictures of the beautiful clouds and blue sky as my camera battery died and I forgot to take along the spare. It will have to suffice for me to say that the cloud formations were beautiful and that also the hillsides are starting to get a tint of Autumn color.

After we got home, Woody went on a four-mile walk and I talked on the phone with my sister...well, we had talked on the drive home, but the connection kept dropping.  So when I got home and downloaded the picture of the recliner that we had chosen I called her back to tell her that I had sent her the picture via email. And, "of course" we talked a little longer! At this point of the evening, Woody and I have settled in for another quiet evening of TV, reading, crossword puzzles...

No comments:

Post a Comment