Friday, May 15, 2015

Birds Abound

These are only a few of the birds (flicker,nuthatch,blue jay, tufted titmouse, cardinal) that flew in to visit our yard today. Woody and I sat on the porch for just a little while and we saw at least ten different kinds of birds. At that time I didn't have my camera (of course), but I enjoyed watching them come to the feeders more than when I sit and take pictures. Taking pictures I have to focus on a certain area, but when I just sat there today without my camera, I was able to enjoy their approach and also watching them wait in the branches for their turn at the feeders. Woody walked six miles early this morning. Then he spent a good portion of the day weeding and mulching. This afternoon we headed off to buy some plants to fill in some of our empty places. We rescued several plants from Walmart that had been put in a markdown area. They were still very healthy plants...just weren't blooming at the moment so I guess they had lost their customer appeal. I hope that we benefit from them being put aside. I sewed while Woody was puttering around in the gardens. Abigail's top is finished except for the neck finish. I had Abigail try the top on a little while ago and she is pleased with it and said that the neckline was just right so I will now put a binding around it and it will be finished...and then I will be on to another sewing project...something for Esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment