Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stump Winter?!?

Stump is a new "winter" for me...at least I don't recall hearing of it before. This is supposed to be the last of our Middle TN winters...as the wood is all gone from the winter and all that is left is/are the stump/s! Anyway...whatever winter it is...it has been a chilly day as you can see by our thermometer. I just checked and the high for today was 56 degrees and it was breezy so it felt cooler than 56. It is supposed to get into the 80's for Memorial Day weekend...once again the warmer temperatures will be welcome! You can see our barrels and the new planter where some of our herbs are planted...the closest barrel has flat leafed parsley in it, the other barrel has oregano and the cedar planter has chives, English thyme, and pimento peppers in it. Woody did brave the cool temperatures and walked four miles this morning. But he has spent most of the rest of the day inside reading, watching TV and also made another recipe of cole slaw. I spent part of the morning doing some vacuuming and cleaning. I told myself that I would have the living room all clean to welcome the picture that I was having made from one of my photos. So after I vacuumed, dusted and picked up a few things...a couple of toys and a few books that were hanging around from school lessons, I headed to town to pick up our new picture. I am very pleased with it. I have spent some time today trying to get the arrangement on top of the bookcase to be just the way I want it. I will say that the following picture is probably about the fifth or sixth way that I have arranged and rearranged things. Let's just say that the bric-a-brac surrounding the Williamsburg Carolers are still auditioning and will probably be rearranged a number of more times before I am totally satisfied. But I will say that I am very pleased with the wrapped canvas that was made from one of the photos that I took in Williamsburg the last time we were there. My plan when in Williamsburg was to take some pictures that I could have made into wrapped canvases to use in the living room and this is one that I took specifically with printing it on a canvas in mind...I was after some of the interesting rooflines for which Williamsburg architecture is known. I happened to spot this interesting "grouping" of rooflines...from the viewpoint of the backs of the houses and thought that it might end up as a wrapped canvas picture in our living room...and today it turned into just that. I keep finding myself back in the living room...to check it out...and when looking at it again I do a little more rearranging. I do plan to get Woody's laser level as it is hard to tell if it is hanging straight since the fence line isn't straight...it will probably always have the illusion that it is hanging crooked...so I will use that fence as my excuse if it isn't quite straight! And, here is a picture of my picture and the most recent way that I have arranged the carolers and bric-a-brac:
Oh, and, I did get the Little Red Riding Hood cape cut out and have it put together...just finishing stitching to do...so shortly we will have a Little Red Riding Hood running around in our neighborhood...do you suppose the Big Bad Wolf will be close behind her? Oh, dear...I just realized that I am Little Red's grandmother...gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment