Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thoroughly Thursday

We had "sort of" a regular day of school. There is a fire lighted under the little pupils to get busy and get their last pages in workbooks finished. I think that the only one that managed today to complete all his work for this school year was Elijah. He came over here for his time and read and then did two lessons in his math workbook...thus completing math for the year. I think that he continued on to finish the rest of the work for the year...so kindergarten work is behind him. I think that the others still have some work to do. Esther worked on her math during her reading time with me, too. So...the school year is quickly drawing to a close for the Dorrell homeschoolers. Abigail read to me and again we sat out in the glider rocker on the front porch...so pretty outside...definitely "porch settin'" weather. Isaac did his time with me but I can tell is about ready for a bit of a break for a while. Joy just about finished her shorts today...just a little stitching left after we get the elastic waist adjusted. After lunch, Nathan came over to work on his sewing project...and came up with another idea to add to his creation. So while he sewed, I searched for an embroidery design that would work. I managed to find something that he thought would work and that he liked. So I got that downloaded and it is ready for a test run...perhaps tomorrow. Isaac came over with his "best friend" (his daddy) and then stayed a little while after Nathan went home. After he went home, I flopped in my recliner and rested and read for a while. I finally revived and we now have three fairly clean bathrooms. I was glad that we had leftover spaghetti for our supper..."warming up" sounded like a better idea than "cooking!" Woody did walk four miles today and he has once again spent a lot of time outside...working in the yard and in the gardens. Right now he is kidsitting next door while Nathan and Kathy have a date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment