Thursday, May 28, 2015

Rollin' Along

Woody went out for a walk early this morning...before I woke up...well, not before I woke up at 2am...but he headed out sometime after I fell back to sleep...before 6am when I awakened next. I figure that he walked more than four miles...so I will call it six. He's next door grandkid sitting so I can't ask him...and even if he was home it would be hard to get a message to him...pretty much have to wait till he comes upstairs. I am still a bit crippled up...the swelling in my foot was much better this morning and I would say for half the day, but as the day wore on the swelling came back...not quite as bad as it was yesterday, but still swollen. The pain has definitely lessened. And, today I am rollin' along using a walker with wheels. Donna brought over a walker that her husband was no longer using and it has definitely helped me get around. I am still confining myself to the upstairs...haven't been downstairs since Tuesday morning. I did manage to do a "little" sewing today...moved two buttons on Joseph's overall straps. So can say that I accomplished something today other than napping! I did sort my laundry and Woody took it downstairs to get them going in the washer. When he comes back I need to remind him to put them in the drier or I won't have anything to wear tomorrow when I hobble out the door to go for an eye appointment. I'm not sure what Woody has or hasn't done yard-wise today...but I have heard him go out and then in the door several times today...so I figure that he has done some weeding/mulching. Hard to keep up with what is going on when I am ensconsed in my recliner most of my waking hours! Elijah came over and he "carried" several messages down to Goosey (Woody) from me and then he brought back Goosey's answers! Thanks, Elijah! He was over because he wanted to start making a list of things that he wants for his birthday! So the list has been started and he can keep adding to it for another month plus a few days "if" he thinks of something else. He has added to it twice today. Oh, the fun of being a rising six-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment