Monday, May 18, 2015

It's Official!

It's official...Alex, our oldest grandson, is now a high school graduate. We were there and saw him graduate...so it must be true! Still seems just like yesterday that he was graduating from preschool. It was a very nice graduation ceremony...very well organized. After the ceremony we went out to eat and then went to Wade and Melany's for dessert. We had a very nice visit and enjoyed celebrating with the graduate. Alex will be going to Tennessee Tech in Cookeville, TN. His dad and mom and also Nathan went to Tech so he will be carrying on a family tradition. He will be rooming with a classmate from Central Magnet School. Wishing him all the best on his next step in his life. The blue cord around his neck represents that he had an emphasis in engineering while a student at Central Magnet...which is what he plans to major in at Tech. We have had several days of rain off and on. We drove home in the rain last night...but never a heavy rain. I'm not sure what I have accomplished today...think that I was recovering from being extra busy yesterday...at least I guess I will claim that as my excuse. Woody has worked some in the yard...when it wasn't raining. We managed to coordinate with a couple of workmen...outside faucets now fixed at our house and at Nathan's and the upstairs ac unit has been repaired. Woody made one of his cole slaw recipes today. He waited to later in the day for his walk...he came in just a few minutes ago. I think that he walked four miles...at least he was away about the time that it takes for him to walk four miles. I did run an errand this afternoon. I finally decided which of my photos to have put on a canvas. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. Tomorrow we will be on the road again to Vanderbilt for Woody's next Keytruda infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment