Monday, May 11, 2015

Word of the Day = "Rock"

Here's Joy teaching Joseph all kinds of things about rocks...red rocks, black rocks, rough rocks, smooth rocks, etc. And, after that lesson Joseph was saying "rock"...at least his version of the word "rock." Woody got up and walked early this morning to one...beat the heat and two...because we were going to grandkid sit this morning. The parents of the grandkids were heading off to pick up their RV which was fixed and ready to come home. The kids were left with a list of things to accomplish...one of which was to weed around the fruit trees...quite a job! But they managed to accomplish it with Goosey's (Woody's) help. Graham stayed with the same task for most of the morning, but the others traded off jobs of taking care of Joseph and doing a bit of exploring around the yard on this pretty spring morning. Esther was the official waterer (holding hose and getting the area being weeded very wet), Elijah was the "truck driver"...the weeders filled up the large Tonka dump truck with weeds and then he would drive it over to the compost pile in our yard. Isaac, Joy, and Abigail took their turns at weeding. Abigail filled the yard bucket/wheelbarrow a couple of times with mulch. Abigail, Joy, Esther and Elijah all got in on taking turns at watching Joseph play in the back yard. Quite a busy crew! I don't know about them, but all that activity about wore me out and I pretty much only supervised! Well, I did have school time with Isaac. I helped Abigail fix lunch. After lunch, Graham came over to our house and worked on his Social Studies...his only subject left for this school year. I worked on some sewing that I was doing for Abigail. Then Joy came over and finished making her shorts. Kathy was back home a little after lunch time and they said that Joseph was very glad to see his mommy...that he just lighted up when he saw her. I ended up taking a nap this afternoon...morning wore me out! Woody skinned chicken and got the broccoli ready to be cooked for tonight's supper. When I was awake enough, I went downstairs and got the chicken ready for the oven and steamed the broccoli. We have eaten. Woody has done some more outside this evening. Now we are in for the evening...I think. I am going to go down and scrub the kitchen sink and then watch Dancing With the Stars...I feel ready to collapse into an easy chair...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment