Saturday, November 7, 2015

A "Sew Super Saturday!"

I had a really good time sewing and eating and visiting and then more sewing and more eating and more visiting...you get the picture! I managed to get a skirt finished except for hemming it (hem is turned up and basted so all it will take is sitting in my chair watching a show on my iPad to get that sewing job finished). And, then I got underway with a knit polo shirt. So it was a productive day along with lots of fun just being with others who have a love of sewing! I even got to see my good friend/partner in many sewing "crimes," who moved from Tullahoma. Connie was back in the area and stopped by to visit with her former quilt guild. I had sew perfect of a day that I didn't even take my camera out of my purse till on my way home. Woody took me by the beautiful ginkgo tree and stopped so I could get out and capture it in all its current golden splendor. The next path on the way home led us to another ginkgo tree that was a bit ahead of the top picture...and its leaves have now just about totally fallen off...the fate of the top pictured ginkgo tree..probably in a matter of days its beautiful branches will be totally bare, as these trees tend to drop all their leaves in a very short time (what we wish our majestic oaks would do!). Woody was pretty much on his own all day except for being my chauffeur to and from my sewing day. My machine is too heavy for me to lift so he takes me and comes and gets me and my machine. Today when he picked me up he had a bit easier time of getting the machine to the car as I was gifted by Connie with a rolling case for my machine...her current machine doesn't fit in it so I was the lucky recipient! Besides being my chauffer Woody walked four miles and went to the grocery store and has made brownies, which I am tempted to go sample...except I have really had what "should" be my quota of desserts for the day, but that "might" not stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment