Monday, November 16, 2015

Blue Bird Monday

Our little blue birds continue to frequent our garden bird houses and perch in the trees outside our bedroom window...so every so often I manage to get a photo of them. This little blue bird is perched on the branches of our young tulip poplar (TN's state tree). I spotted the bird when I was taking a picture of the tip-top of this tree and the last six leaves left on it.
Woody worked out in the yard some today. Mid morning he went on a four-mile walk. Late morning he went to Life Care Center and had Bible study with Jeff. I spent most of my day preparing the pattern for my next sewing project and a little before supper I did start cutting it out. This is a project that will take a bit of time as it has several details that will take extra time and care. The pain about cutting it out is that it is a solid color...BUT it has a geometric raised pattern in it...and that needs to be matched. So it is cut out each piece individually and mess around with lining each piece up with the last piece...luckily there aren't many pieces. When I get this blouse done, then I am going to stop sewing for myself and get back to working on Christmas ornaments that I plan to give as gifts. I have quite a few made, but need to make a few more. Over the weekend Woody and I both worked on getting some Christmas gifts...so we are underway with that "tis the season" job. I am usually decorating by this time in November, but this year I have decided to wait till after Thanksgiving...that way perhaps no trees will get toppled during our family Thanksgiving festivities! Erin is planning to stay for a few days after Thanksgiving and help me decorate. I'm not having the Sunday School Christmas party here this year so I'm not under the gun to have the decorating done by a certain date (except in time for our family Christmas). I am thinking about doing less decorating...but I know that when I get the boxes out and see all my favorites, it will be hard to not to put them out. We will see what transpires! I actually took some time from my sewing today and did do a little cooking. This morning I cooked rice that needed to be cold for a salad. Then just before supper I added the other ingredients and we had one of our favorite salads made with imitation crab, rice, carrots, celery, and a dressing made from mayo, lemon juice and French dressing. It tasted quite good. Woody ate his with tomato and I ate mine with avocado. I guess I will go and cut out one more piece of my blouse before I call it quits for tonight. Then I guess I will read for a while. I did finish two books over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment