Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pinky Raised?

Woody headed off on a twelve-mile walk before I started having school this morning. Joseph always looks for Goosey (Woody)...especially when we look at the picture of the goose in our animal book. He then looks for "Honk Honk" (Woody) when he tells me what a goose and Goosey say. We had another modified school day. Joseph and Isaac had their regular time with me and then Esther came over a bit early for her Grammy/sewing time. I needed to be through a bit early as our Sunday School class had an outing planned to Southern Charm's Tea Room this afternoon in Bell Buckle, TN...a piece down the road...one of the towns that Woody and I head through when we go the back road to Vanderbilt. We had a nice group of fourteen enjoy tea, sandwiches, soups, and some had afternoon tea goodies. I know that my grilled cheese with pesto sandwich was delicious as was my velvet chicken soup. I think that a good time was had by all. I came home and got busy and cut out a skirt. I have been cutting out several things that I want to make for myself. I plan to sew on them when I go to "Sew Super Saturday" this Saturday. A whole day blocked out for sewing...what could be better (at least for me!). This special sewing day is put on by one of the local quilt guilds. I am not a quilter, but do sometimes have quilting projects of sorts that I work on when I go to this...but this year it is straight up garment sewing for me. I have been included in this quilting event for years by a friend who was a member of the guild. She has moved away, but another friend in the group continues to issue me an annual invitation. So I am gathering sewing notions, etc. that I might need...it's a bit hard to anticipate everything that I might need when I sew outside of my own sewing room. Well, back to preparing the pieces for the skirt that I am going to make on Saturday. I have a top all cut out too...so perhaps it will be a productive day? Time will tell. Woody is downstairs reading. It's a pretty quiet evening in this Dorrell household. I don't even hear the TV downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment