Monday, November 23, 2015

Back and Forth Kind of Days

I'm going to skip a picture tonight. As the blog title indicates I have made a couple of trips to and from the hospital today. And, just got home from the last trip to the hospital...today. I think that Woody started experiencing the "third day after surgery on the second...but maybe it will be worse tomorrow?!? Hope not! Not that it was a terrible day...but compared to yesterday, it wasn't the best of days for him. Yesterday visitors couldn't believe that he was all that sick...if they had come today they might have realized that he is sick! He was sort of restless and couldn't get comfortable He isn't in a lot of pain unless he moves...and he is finding out how often he moves! It is quite hard for him to get up into a seated position as he has one arm that is rather weak and not all that mobile and his other arm has the IV in it...so it takes a lot of scooting and me "trying" to assist him to get up (I'm heading for the heating pad as soon as I blog!). The doctor says that he will be in the hospital for a couple more days as they have to pump IV antibiotics through him to overcome the infection from the ruptured appendix. By the time he is dismissed, I may know how to raise the head, feet, and middle on this hospital bed to Woody's liking (I never seem to get it positioned just right!). I'm being reminded of my Candy Striper days...boy that was a long time ago! He did take a good walk around the unit this afternoon...he went at a pretty brisk pace. When he got back, he was ready for a rest so I went home while he attempted to nap. The nurse reported to me that he had slept pretty good for part of the time that I was gone...so that is good. If the nurses don't bother him any more than they have this afternoon, they shouldn't intrude much on his sleep during the night. But I know that nights can be long in a hospital and he hates to call the nurses during the night. I told him that they need to hear that buzzer to keep awake...that he would be helping them...don't know that I convinced him to push the call button if he needs help or not!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers that he heals quickly and that you are able to "do" for him and not get worn out. I know it is hard on the caregiver also. Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for a quick healing and some rest for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete