Thursday, November 19, 2015

About the Same

Woody may be in a little less pain...but still in pain. He says that the pain has moved...so that means that the stone has moved. Once again he hasn't done a whole lot today...mainly try to stay halfway comfortable. I had school with Joseph and Isaac and then Joy had her sewing time. She is coming right along with her Christmas sewing projects. After lunch I headed next door so Nathan and Kathy could go on their Thursday date (usually Goosey does this for them each Thursday). While I was over there, Esther worked on her cross stitch project. We read stories and I attempted to help a couple with homework. Graham is beyond me in math (doesn't take a whole lot to bamfoozle me with math). He couldn't remember if he was supposed to divide or multiply to get "x" so he worked it the way he thought he should and then I checked in the teacher's book (the teacher's book was a trial in math for me...just to find the right page!). He had it right so on he went with the rest of the problems. He had his school all done by the time his parents got home. Joseph took a nap. Isaac and I with several other listeners read quite a few stories. Early evening, Abigail came over to see if we could get the Red Cross Babysitting course to open up on our laptop...theirs wasn't letting them get into it. We did manage and Abigail very happily started in working on the different lessons. She is very excited about becoming a babysitter. My sewing saga continues: I did manage to get all my piping made today and it is now all basted on to the facing pieces. I guess that the next step is to get the facings attached to the front edges and the sleeve edges. I think that is a job for tomorrow. I'm pretty tired this evening. Hopefully tomorrow's blog will have good news about Woody's kidney stone. Now for a cute story about Isaac. Last night Isaac, Joseph and Abigail came over to play for a little while. When Abigail was ready to go back home, she suggested that maybe they could watch Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer if they went back to their house. Isaac wasn't quite ready when she suggested heading home, but in a little while, he said, "Okay, I'm ready to go watch "Olaf the Red-Nosed Reindeer!" Hmmmmm only the "Frozen" generation would substitute "Olaf" for "Rudolf!" But they definitely have the same sounds in them. Abigail and I got tickled when he said it. He is at that cute age when "kids say the darndest things!" That last quote is from me, part of the "Art Linkletter" generation! I will close with one last "Isaacism." Over the weekend he and his family were at a church where the choir members wore robes. When he saw the choir heading upstairs, Isaac's comment was: "So the angels go upstairs?" See...I provided you with at least two smiles tonight...needed something to lighten the mood after all this talk of kidney stones!

No comments:

Post a Comment