Saturday, November 14, 2015

Saturday Doings

Woody headed out, like usual, to do Saturday errands...WalMart and the library. Later in the day he went on a four-mile walk. I sewed for a good part of the morning and some this afternoon and also talked to Cheryl and Melany on the phone. While I was talking to Cheryl, Woody brought me up a yummy sandwich that he had made for lunch...a turkey, bacon, tomato, avocado sandwich with roasted red pepper sauce on a chibatta roll. That was a nice treat. (Note that I don't cook as much when I am sewing mode! I'm glad that Woody doesn't mind cooking.) I did get my top done all except for hammering on the snaps on the front opening. I have been sitting in "my" chair trying to talk myself into getting up and putting the snaps on...but so far have just made it in here to blog. I need to put the finishing touches on my Sunday School lesson but so far haven't talked myself into doing that either...guess I am feeling rather lazy. I did doze off for a little while and woke up just a little before it was time to blog...maybe that will turn into a power nap and once I totally wake up I will be able to talk myself into doing one of those two things...or something else. Woody is downstairs reading. I have read a little today too. When I look back on my day it looks like a pretty lazy Saturday! It's nice to have a lazy day every now and then! Tonight's photo is one of the few leaves still hanging on to our little tulip poplar that resides between our house and Nathan's. The sun was glinting on it just right the other day when I was closing the curtains against the afternoon sun so I got my camera and snapped this picture before I closed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment