Monday, November 2, 2015

Dark Thirty

Tonight's picture shows what the time change has done to us...dark before 5:30pm...really pretty dark at 5pm. The light that is on the porch is from the street light. Our bodies are still trying to adjust to the time change. I keep thinking that it is later than it is...and really it is an hour later to my body's clock. Woody headed out on a seven-mile walk before school started for me this morning. Joseph, Isaac, Joy, Esther, Abigail, and Elijah all had some time with me today. It was Elijah's "long" time with me...today we read a book about Morse Code and then deciphered a riddle that had been written in Morse Code and he wrote his name in dots and dashes. Late morning Woody went to Life Care to have Bible Study with Jeff. I continued on with some sewing preparations this afternoon. I'm trying to have several things cut out so I can sew on them on Saturday when I go to a special all-day sewing day that one of the local quilt guilds puts on yearly. I am not doing any quilting at the moment, but do have several things that I want to get made...so I plan to garment sew...hope that they don't throw me out!!!!! I made chicken salad for our supper tonight...guess it is time for me to get back to cooking...I have taken a bit of a break since Erin was here and we have been eating leftovers or other easy meals. I just hung the towels back in the upstairs guest bathroom...got the bed changed the other day in the guest room...so guess we are ready for the next guest/s that might come our way. Tomorrow we will head to Vanderbilt for Woody's next labs, seeing docs, and Keytruda infusion...so I am gathering what I will be taking...a book, camera and batteries, iPad, etc...to pack into my tote bag...I want plenty of choices as to what I will do to wile away the waiting hours.

1 comment:

  1. I have to feed the chickens before dinner now instead of after. Has taken me a while to remember!

    ReplyDelete