Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Progress

Woody seems to be heading in the direction of being able to go home. He has been a "fairly" good patient. I felt uncomfortable when I posted last night about his relationship with the night nurse. Well, I was right as I got a call a little after midnight to come and take care of him! So off I went in the middle of the night...a bit of a comedy about of errors as you can't go in normal door,but through the ER...then you're have to sign in and then go down totally different halls. I did get there eventually. But according to Woody not quickly enough. So a long night was spent in the hospital room. I was "entertained" with all sorts of tales about this one nurse. Woody says that he hasn't but it seems that he has either dozed or slept deeply for a good part of the day...at least he was resting. He finally "allowed" me to go home for about an hour so I could eat a bite this afternoon and gather things so I can spend the night tonight. So here I sit. A few minutes ago he told me that next time he wanted Melany tI bait with him as she would break the rules! I just wouldn't let him eat something till the doctor said that he could. When the doctor came in this evening he said that he would let him go to a regular diet. So I offered Woody a banana from my stash from home...but it still sits on the side table. I really don't think that he knows exactly what he wants. Today is the third day after surgery...surely "things" will get better!?! He did take a walk a few minutes ago. Now he is settled back in the bed with covers tucked up to his chin and I think I detect snoring...but I am sure that he isn't sleeping! The doctor's report was good this morning. He said that his white count was down and that his creatinine level was back in normal range. So definitely progress is happening. The doctor said that we are aiming for him to go home by Thanksgiving Day. Now if we can both have patience with each other while he convalesces! At times like these he isn't always the most patient...nor am I! I don't like writing the blog from the iPad...can't go back and fix errors that I spot without jumping through a lot of hoops. Google (blog) doesn't like Apple products...so it makes it frustrating...so I will publish while I'm ahead...sorry for a missed letter or two or...will update you on more progress toward going home in tomorrow night's blog. I have to add a P.S. Guess who is his nurse again tonight! Oh, no! At least I am already here or I would probably be called again. I will stay here and keep on things and help him through the night rather than have him deal with his favorite nurse!

1 comment: