Saturday, May 21, 2016

Adventure Day 3 + A Safe Return

We had a pretty busy morning with our "charges." Woody stayed at the house with Graham, Isaac, and Joseph and I took Abigail, Joy, Esther, and Elijah to the church for the dress rehearsal for the children's musical (which will be tomorrow night). Abigail just wanted to go and watch the rehearsal and I decided that I would stay and take pictures since I could take them from several vantage points. By the time we got home it was time to get lunch ready. We found out that their mommy and daddy weren't all that far away. So after lunch a major effort on the part of the children went into getting the house straightened up before their parents got home! It's amazing what seven children can do in just a short amount of time! All went outside to watch for the arrival of their parents in their new "camper" (RV). I managed to capture the moment of them all running to the new vehicle. Each was very excited. Isaac kept saying, "Awesome!" At a point after snapping a few pictures and enjoying their excitement, Woody and I slipped away from the scene and headed back to our abode. And, have been settling back in over here! I did go outside for a little while to take advantage of a very nice day to water our hanging baskets and do a little weeding and deadheading. I got our dishwasher loaded (Woody had been eating over here for some of the meals and I had used several of our pans when I was cooking next door.). THEN it was time to head back to my recliner and rest for a while. That rest included closing my eyes for a bit of a nap...couldn't keep my eyes open very long after I sat down! Woody is back in his recliner downstairs. He has watched a library DVD or two and kept his leg up. He said that it is feeling some better than yesterday but he is still hurting quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment