Friday, May 13, 2016

Another Nail Biter!

Tonight was sort of a see saw type of game...the other team got ahead...we caught up...they caught up...and finally our team pulled ahead when it mattered...right at the end of the game and came away with another victory--18-14. Quite a game! Our day started out a bit differently for a Friday. We headed out early for a doctor appointment for me. This is my six-month check-in mainly for labs to make sure that my many meds aren't doing things to me that they shouldn't! The doctor is in a town 45 minutes away...so we had a 1 1/2 hour drive and then a little more than an hour with the nurse practitioner and doctor. I have a problem with one of my elbows that is probably another place that gout has decided to take up residence. The doctor is trying to figure out what to do about my gout. I say "just carry on!" I think that they were more concerned today with my blood pressure...but by the time that I got home it was in a good range. My blood pressure is never very good at any doctor's office. I am to take it periodically over the next couple of weeks and report the readings back to the doctor. I spent the afternoon cleaning. Isaac came over and was a big help with putting things back in the toy closet and back on low shelves in the kitchen. The public library is almost next to the ball field where Elijah played tonight so we left a little early and made a library stop. I had a book on hold and Woody did his Saturday library stop on Friday today. We are rearranging out day tomorrow a bit since Melany and family are going to pay us a visit. I was going to add another picture, but it took so long for the pictures to load tonight that I will hold off on this other one for another day. I am off to do a few more things around the house before I call it quits for the day and settle into my recliner. Woody is downstairs cleaning up some of his things in the family room. He has been busy today. Woody took advantage of being at the doctor today and got one of his prescriptions straightened out. He got a hair cut soon after we got home from the doctor. Then after lunch he actually mowed a good portion of the front yard. Graham finished it for him. And an aside...Woody checked the rain gauge today and we got 2 inches of rain yesterday...no wonder everything is so green! Very pretty in Middle Tennessee at this time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment