Monday, May 30, 2016

Remembering in 2016

We had a nice day with family. The preparation of most of the food took place at our house and the grilling and eating took place at Nathan and Kathy's. Worked well! We changed out tradition of hamburgers and hotdogs and had a variety of shish kabobs...veggie kabobs as well as meat kabobs. It was a hit...a lot of work on lots of our parts. Graham helped me this morning and Erin and Wade helped me get the kabobs put together early afternoon. We had our meal mid afternoon and called it lupper (lunch and supper combined). Kathy, Wade, Melany, and I did the clean up. With others carrying things back and forth between the houses. I am still finding sticky places on my counter tops and floor...oops we dripped marinade in several places. Guess I will have to mop the kitchen floor again (should have waited and not done it yesterday!). Melany, Wade, Erin, and Alex left a little while ago. I will admit to being quite tired! Woody ate outside on their screened in porch with several of the children. Eating outside meant he didn't have to deal with steps except going out and in of our house. Tomorrow may prove to be an interesting day...we will be heading Vanderbilt way mid-day. I imagine that we won't be home very early tomorrow. Woody will meet his new melanoma doctor, Dr. Kenneth Wyman. Wondering what the day has in store for us! Will hopefully fill you in in tomorrow's blog. Now I will end tonight's blog with a thank you to all who have protected and preserved our freedoms over the years and at the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment