Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday...Once Again

I took tonight's photo on our excursion to the doctor this past Friday. It just shows how green and pretty our area is at this time of the year...all the rain has really greened us up! Woody started out his day by heading off to therapy before 8am. After his therapy he did his usual Monday stop at the Life Care Center. He also did our WalMart shopping that he didn't do on Saturday. I had a usual Monday school day with the neighbor grandchildren. Esther cut out the doll dress that she has been machine embroidering and even got to start sewing it. She is doing a great job. Doll clothes are good because they have short seams...but they are also difficult because those seams are small and the area to work in is small. So far Esther is doing a great job making a new dress for her 18" doll, Noel. After lunch, Woody and I went outside and he pulled my new "toy" (the tractor scoot seat) around to the back to the garlic bed. He decided that he would harvest some of the garlic today AND I decided to help...guess the new gardening seat that the Proctor's gave me for Mother's Day influenced me. (Gardening isn't exactly my thing...for those who don't know me!) I took over after Woody harvested quite a few heads of garlic and we pulled the tractor gardening seat back to the back "patio" slab and I got the garlic heads ready to dry. Looks like we will have fresh garlic to cook with for a while. After I did that I pulled my garden seat around to each of the garden containers on the back patio and did a little weeding. I even went out front and finished the deadheading that I had started while the Proctor's were here on Saturday. I will say that the new gardening seat really does help a lot. Today was a good day to work outdoors...not too hot and not too cool and not much wind to speak of...quite pleasant. When it isn't so pleasant and the mosquitoes get bad then I will have trouble spending much time outside. The front porch looks so inviting with the new hanging baskets. Wade noticed that a bird has built a next in the chicken bird house that they gave me for my birthday. We don't know what kind of bird it is...guess I need to sit quietly on the front porch and see if I can spy it/them coming or going. Woody made another trip out this afternoon...he drove down the street to the pharmacy to pick up a couple of his prescriptions. He also made his filling for veggie burritos this evening and cleaned up the kitchen. After supper I made the mistake of getting too comfortable in my recliner and napped for a bit. I told myself that I shouldn't sit down there when it was just a little before "blogging time" and I was right...a bit late tonight as it took me a while to motivate myself out of the chair after I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment