Saturday, May 7, 2016

Beautiful Day for a Fish Fry

We spent the afternoon out in the beautiful countryside of a neighboring county. We were at the annual fish fry...a fund raiser for the crisis pregnancy center in that county. I will say that I took not a one picture of the actual events at the fish fry...which meant that I didn't take any of our grandchildren enjoying all the activities provided for the children--a zip-line, bounce house, other inflatables, face painting, pony rides, etc. The food was delicious as always. Woody didn't do much meandering around. Once he got seated, he pretty much stayed seated. After we ate, Woody stayed put and Linda Hasty and I went scouting around to find a place where I could take some family photos of the Hasty family. They rarely have all ten of them together so we gathered them and posed them on and in front of a fence and hopefully I managed to get several good pics. That was the extent of my photo taking today...except to go out and take a picture of the above rose shortly before I came in here to blog. I have been having some problems with my back since yesterday afternoon (one of the reasons that I didn't walk around taking other activities at the fish fry). I did really well during the fish fry outing, but on the way home Woody hit a bump or two in the road and the "spasms" started up again. So I am gingerly moving around at the moment. I do okay as long as I stay in one place! There was a bit of walking to get from our car to the eating area so Woody got in a bit of walking today...on the grass which isn't easy...and the grass wasn't level. We had to go uphill getting there which is easier for him. I scouted out where the golf carts were to take us back to our car since it was a downhill walk...much harder for Woody to manage. So we rode in style back to our car which helped us both a lot! We are home settling in for another quiet evening after a rather active day. Woody did do his usual Saturday morning errands--WalMart, the library, and a hospital visit. I talked to Melany after we got home from the fish fry. She wished me a Happy Mother's Day because they will be going to Wade's parents' tomorrow and will be out of cell phone range for part of the day. They will come here next Saturday to celebrate with me/us.

No comments:

Post a Comment