Saturday, September 10, 2016

Alarming News at the Neighbors' Today

Look what was parked in front of our neighbors' house today. The alarming news is that they were getting new smoke detectors installed in their house. Our local fire department is having a campaign to get more smoke alarms into homes. If you make an appointment they will come and install them in all the rooms that need them. They got one installed in each bedroom and a couple downstairs. Nathan thinks that the best thing besides the fact that this service is free is that these free smoke alarms come with a ten-year battery. Joseph and the rest think that the best thing about the visit is that the firemen turned on their lights and siren for them before they drove off! I think that Graham is planning fire drills...he has the ladder to drop down from the upstairs windows stored in his room. Wonder how many days till I see little ones escaping from an upstairs window?!? I'm glad that there wasn't more alarming news than new smoke alarms to be reported! Fun to have a fire truck visit under these circumstances! Woody walked four miles this morning. Then later in the morning he ran our usual Saturday errands with a couple of hospital visits and a visit to another nursing facility added in. Abigail called this morning wondering if she and Joseph could come over. She wanted to work some more on her skirt. We spent most of the morning getting the rest of the designs picked out and then placing them where she wants to stitch them. So she will be ready to stitch out a machine embroidered design or two the next time she has a sewing time. She is getting pretty adept at finding the designs on the laptop and getting a template printed out and then transferring the design to a thumb drive and plugging in the thumb drive to the machine so the machine can read it. By the time she gets this skirt done she should be an expert! By the time I got the groceries put away, a load of wash going, and lunch eaten, I was ready to rest for a while! Since my rest that turned into a nap after I read about one page in a book, I have managed to get the load of wash dried and put away. Now I am going to go in and look over my Sunday School lesson that I'm going to teach tomorrow. Woody is downstairs watching the University of TN/VA Tech game. We are actually getting some rain...haven't heard rain on the roof in quite a while. I am also hearing some rumbles of thunder. Maybe the ground will get a good soaking. Today Woody and I both worked some on cleaning the front porch. He blew leaves off and I got spider webs out of the nooks and crannies and wiped off some of the furniture and then started my Fall decorating. Last year when I was doing the decorating for Fall, my sister, Cheryl, was here visiting from AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment