Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tuesday Tracing

The above jumbled "mess" is what I face when I trace a pattern from Ottobre Magazine, a kids fashion magazine (they also have a womens magazine, but I mostly use the childrens) from Finland. There is a pattern for every design in the magazine...but you have to work to use them! I have to trace the correct lines from that page that you see with all the jumbled lines. Today I was tracing all the pattern pieces that were outlined in black...each pattern is multi-sized...so have to interpret what line to trace also for each pattern piece once you have found the black. And, everything is in metrics...that takes me a bit to figure conversions! I am not a metrics kind of person. The pattern I was tracing has 8 pieces so it took me a bit of time to find each piece and then trace around the shape and add markings. After I trace the lines from the pattern sheet then I have to add seam allowances. I do have all the pieces traced and have found the interfacing that I want to use. I am ready to clear the cutting table and lay out the fabric and get to cutting. This has pretty much been a sewing related kind of day for me. The phone awakened me this morning and it was a call from Mood Fabric in New York City. I had made an order a couple of weeks ago and had gotten all but one piece that I ordered...according to the invoice and an email the fabric had been sold out before they filled my order. Last night I was looking at some other fabric at their site and found the fabric that I hadn't gotten and it said "to hurry almost sold out." Well, I shot off a question that if it was "almost sold out" why had I been told that it was sold out? The phone call this morning said that they had tracked some down and were sending it to me. Messages like that I like to get! Made my day! That was the fabric that I had wanted the most out of what I had ordered. So I guess in this case the squeaky wheel got her fabric! I am looking forward to its arrival. Meanwhile, I will sew on what I got from Mood Fabric the other day. I'm making something for Joy for her birthday with one of the pieces...shhhhhh...it's a secret! Woody got up and walked six miles this morning. He found so many aluminum cans that he had to stop picking them up as the bag he took with him was full. We have both spent time this afternoon reading. I did manage to make us a casserole for our supper. Woody walked to the prayer room at church this evening and has yet to return. After I blog, I may lay out the pattern on Joy's fabric and get started cutting it out or at least get the cutting table cleared of tracing materials and get the fabric ready to put the pattern on...maybe even pin the pattern pieces on and then cut it out in the morning. I guess I'll see just exactly what I feel like doing when I get back in there...reclining in my chair and reading may be all that I get accomplished this evening. Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment