Thursday, September 22, 2016

It's Fall, Y'all!

First day of Fall meant that I got out my Fall decorations. This picture shows the new pumpkin (white with fall leaves) that Cheryl, my sister, sent to me this year. I got it in the mail yesterday...perfect timing! Before decorating got under way, several other things happened. Woody left for a four-mile walk before I awakened this morning. I was still groggy when I got a phone call from Elijah. He wanted me to come next door to take a picture of what they had captured in one of Elijah's traps...A SKUNK!
Nathan called animal control and late in the morning they came and carried it away. I'm not sure if they have brought the cage back or not. Elijah had been trying to catch the squirrel that keeps eating their bird food. They had bird seed inside the trap...not something that they thought would attract a skunk. Esther, Elijah and Joseph helped me get out my varioius pumpkins and put them on the kitchen table. They also helped bring some books down from upstairs that I needed to raise up the pumpkins that I placed on top of the china cabinet. After decorating, I roasted in the oven some of the okra that Woody got at the farmer's market. That was part of our lunch today. Isaac and Joseph played over here off and on late morning and then again in the afternoon. I got out some homemade play doh and that made them pretty happy for quite a while. I rested for a while and then got back to my sewing. I managed to do a little before the girls' ball game this evening. It ended up being a very exciting ball game...at least for our team. Esther got hit by a ball and made it to base...she must learn to get away from those inside balls! Joy's last at bat she made a base hit and drove two runs in...and ended up being batted in by one of her team mates thus scoring the final run for tonight. We won 10-0. Joy just beamed when they handed her a ball at the end of the game...her first time to hit and score during Tullahoma Fall Ball. Way to go Esther and Joy!
Today has been a GREAT start to Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment