Monday, September 12, 2016

Views From the Stands

We have just returned from tonight's ball game. Joy and Esther played tonight. We were in the stands that you can't get above the fence. So I decided to take a shot at tonight's waxing gibeous moon. And, I also got a few shots through the fence of Joy and Esther...Joy heading to first base after being walked and Esther heading back to the dugout after her at bat. Woody headed out for his walk just a little before it was time for my school to start. We had a regular day of school. Woody went mid-morning to have Bible study with Jeff at Life Care. Joy and Elijah had their long times with me...Joy before lunch and Elijah after. Joy finished her picture that she had been making using different stitches on the sewing machine. Elijah continued with his simple machine lessons about levers. Today he made a 2nd class lever = a wheel barrow and a double 1st class lever = scissors using K'nex. Next lesson we move on to pulleys. I rested for a few minutes after I finished with Elijah's time and then got busy with tonight's supper. While I rested Woody skinned and boned the chicken thighs. I made a recipe that we saw on The Chew the other day. It turned out pretty good. It was Mario Batali's Chicken Milanese Parmesan. I think that I prefer eggplant parmesan, but this is a recipe worth adding to those I have that use chicken thighs. By the time that we had eaten and I had sort of cleaned up the mess in the kitchen (I still have more of the cleaning to face when I finish blogging), it was time to head to the ball park. Woody dropped me off at the game and then headed back into town to go to the Monday night prayer meeting at church. He got back in time to see the last couple of innings. By the way the Blue Raiders (Joy & Esther's team) won 4-1. Good game girls...and boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment