Saturday, September 3, 2016

Batter Up!

We have just returned from the ball park. Tonight Elijah played his first game of Fall Ball. Fun was had by all. I have put up a sequence of one of Elijah's at bats. He made a hit all three times that he was up to bat. His team is made up a lot of very young players just coming up to coach pitch from t-ball. So there is a big learning curve. Elijah is one of the oldest on the team. The first inning he played short stop and the rest of the game he played first base. He has a lot to learn playing infield positions. His team lost but lots was learned and lots of fun was had! Again, it was quite pleasant sitting in the stands. I was brave again and sat at the top of the stands so I could shoot over the fence. Woody walked six miles early this morning. Later he ran our Saturday errands to WalMart and the library. I decided that today was a day that I was going to put away a lot of fabric that had piled up from various projects that the girls and I have done. I didn't just put it back in the bins, I also straightened the bins so I can see what is in them...not just a jumble of fabric any more...at least till the next time we paw through them. What I was working on is fabric that we have made something from, but there is still enough to use for another project. There is a lot of that fabric around here...so several tubs...stripes and plaids/checks in one, solids in another, prints in another, knits in another, and fleece in another. Then I have some plastic shoe box size containers that I put the smaller pieces in that can be used for applique and other things. I did actually throw some away today. I'm glad to have them neater and not various piles sitting around in the sewing room and on the cutting table and under the ironing board, etc. Now I have some larger pieces that are big enough for garments to put back in the sewing fabric closet (guest room closet). I take these out of the closet when we have guests who need that closet and the hangers and I hadn't put them back on hangers. I will get to that at another time. I "might" even think about doing some of it tonight. Woody did some cooking today. He made his quinoa burgers (a veggie burger). We had them for supper...not my favorite! I am still in favor of beef in my burgers! After supper, it was off to the ball game. The month of September will include many evenings at the ball park!

No comments:

Post a Comment