Friday, September 23, 2016

More Fall Doings

Woody walked four miles this morning. Before he got back from his walk, Joseph had come over to play with the animals (a basket of small plastic farm animals and a basket of zoo animals). Kathy said that she had been putting his visit off since 6am! He stayed and played for quite a while. Isaac came and spent time too. This afternoon, Isaac and I hatched a plan for next week...a sleepover at Grammy and Goosey's. The plan is for his sleepover to happen on Monday night. He is carrying a little piece of paper around in his pocket where he is marking off the days till Monday. He came over a little while ago and showed me that he had marked off today already, since they don't let him go to bed with a pencil! I had told him to mark it off when he went to bed tonight or when he had bedtime stories! After lunch, Woody and I headed out to find some mums to add to our outside fall decorations. We found some very pretty ones...and they were on sale, too. Before put them around the yard where we want them, Woody had Isaac water them. I went outside a little while ago and put them in place. We will leave them in their pots while they are blooming and then plant them in the ground after that. Three of the mum plants from last year survived and have bloomed once already. I cut them back and they have buds on them again. After our trek for mums, I came in and decided that I was ready to make our first soup of the fall. The weather is still too hot, but I found one that sounded good that I wanted to try and we had the ingredients. It is Chicken Alfredo soup. It was pretty tasty...though, it really still is too hot for soup yet. I got hot making it and hot eating it! I sewed some last night after I blogged, but so far today I haven't had time to even turn the sewing machine on. I'm not sure that I have enough oomph to do any sewing tonight...as usual...time will tell. Woody has been working on helping me get the cooking mess cleaned up for which I am very thankful. At the moment he is reading and watching TV. I'm planning on going in and finishing watching a show that I was watching on my iPad...pretty typical low-key Friday evening in this Dorrell household. Oh, as you can see in tonight's photo, the driveway is back in service. Woody took down the barrier this afternoon at the point when it had been two days. We drove the car back into the driveway when we got back from mum purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment