Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Objectives Accomplished

I think that Isaac's sleepover was a success. He had many things planned that he wanted to do and I "think" that we accomplished them all. The only thing that we hadn't done by this morning was paint. He brought his own paints and paint brush and enjoyed painting this picture at the end of his school time today. He is painting his name at the top of the page...the "s" didn't exactly cooperate with the paintbrush and there wasn't quite enough room for the "c" but he got them all up there so that I would know that Isaac painted it! Shortly before his mommy and daddy and the rest of the crew got back home from Bible study and juggling practice, he asked me when it would be time for him to go home. I think that he was ready...but it wasn't long after he had gone back home that he came back and asked how much longer till he could have another sleepover! I'm glad that he had a good time. This afternoon, after I read with Abigail and Joy, I took a nice rather long nap. Grammy was tired out! Woody walked six miles this morning. He was able to go later in the morning since the weather has decided to be more fall-like. Last night at the ball game it even felt a bit chilly. Woody did some mowing today. I don't know if I have mentioned before this, but he is back to doing some of our mowing again. I even worked a bit in the yard. I sunk a pot of mums in one of our gardens and then picked up some things in our yard this evening and even raked a few leaves. Woody and I both headed out to Elijah's ball game a little after 5 and when we got there only Nathan and Kathy and family and perhaps one other family were there. It was obvious that the ball game had been cancelled...but Nathan and Kathy hadn't gotten the word. We headed back home and Woody sat down and watched the news for a few minutes before it was time for him to go to a meeting at church. He is now home and has settled in for the evening in front of the TV with probably a book in his hands. I am thinking about sewing a seam or two on this blouse that I am attempting to make for Joy...not much progress being made on it! I don't have much energy this evening, but surely I could at least sew two seams and top stitch them!?! If not I will sit in my chair and read. I got a book that I ordered. A cyber-sewing friend (internet friend) of mine wrote the book. It is a book for preteens and teens, but I am enjoying it. It is the second in a series and I have the first one too. We rarely buy books...we are library types, as we just don't have enough room to house all the books that we read. But I do purchase books by authors who I know from time to time. This one I will read and then pass on to Graham and Erin who both also read the first one. I will end with a picture of two little boys enjoying a neighborhood cat. The three little boys and Esther keep enticing it to come play with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment