Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday Things

We started out the day quite cool...down into the mid 40's and only got into the upper 60's...quite a change for us. I always look forward to the cooler temperatures forgetting that the weather change messes with my Transverse Myelitis...now I won't know if my aches and pains are that, gout, or just plain arthritis! Oh, well, we just plug along. I had a regular school morning with the children. Esther started on a cross stitch project. She seems to enjoy handwork more than machine work. She was pretty happy to get into my cross stitch supplies to plan her next project. Abigail came after lunch to read. By then I was ready for my rest! I did rest for a little while. Woody went for a walk after lunch...he waited for the temps to rise above the 40's! He walked four miles. He has also worked out in the yard some today. I got into old photos from my college days. The class above me at Cottey College is having their 50th reunion this coming year. They are using FaceBook to make some of their plans. I was reading about a skit that they wanted to resurrect and I happen to have some old black and white photos of that skit...pretty poor quality...but better than no photo of it! So I spent some time trying to figure out how to scan with the printer that we have now. The printer/scanner sends scans to the computer, but I can never find where they are sent...so I finally realized that I could scan to a thumb drive so I did that and have been playing with the photos in photo shop. I will send the scans to two of the people who are planning the reunion and they can do with them what they want. We had spaghetti squash tonight with our leftover marinara sauce. Abigail is so excited she is planning/getting ready for a slumber party for her 13th birthday. She decided that she wanted to shampoo the carpet in their living room area and their vacuum/shampooer decided to quit on them. So I have just gotten back home from helping her shampoo their carpet using our shampooer. She and I took turns running the machine. It may be cool, but I got rather warm running that machine! It really felt good going out into the cool evening! Woody is downstairs reading and/or watching tv. I am going to go plop as soon as I publish this blog. I have been looking back through my fall pictures from other years. I thought that I had chosen one that I hadn't used, but when I went to download it, the numbering on it looked like one that I have probably used...oh, well...if I don't remember, you all probably won't! I do try really hard not to repeat pictures. This photo was taken on our way back from Vanderbilt last October.

No comments:

Post a Comment