Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Chasing "Rabbits"...Well, Sort Of...

The rabbits that I chased today were really birds. Last night I found out about an app that will aid in the identification of birds...I can plug in a picture that I have taken and it will attempt to identify the bird from the picture. I couldn't resist trying this out...so for a while my picture sorting became bird identifying! The app really did help me identify a couple of birds and confirmed that my guess had been right on a couple of others. I did finally get back to my real picture sorting. I have completed two more months...so just two months to go. I "should" be able to meet my goal of getting them all sorted before January 1. This morning Woody took me on what he called our weekly date...hmmm...we went to Aldi's grocery store. I hadn't ever been and he wanted me to experience it! It is different...not my ideal grocery store...but very clean...nice wide aisles...everything neat and in place. We found several bargains...and I had my first experience of having to pay a quarter for a grocery cart, which is returned to you when you put the cart back. After Woody took me home from our date, he headed back out to do the rest of our Wednesday errands. I put away groceries from both our "shopping spree" and from Woody's Krogering. Woody went next door this afternoon to take care of the children for most of the afternoon. Isaac came over here for a while. I talked him into helping me in the sewing room. I had lots of thread out due to all my machine embroidery of ornaments and hadn't had time to put it away. Between the two of us we got it all put away in their right drawer, container, etc. He was a big help and did it very willingly...but he did say that next time I should put away the thread as soon as I was finished with it! Wise boy! Not so wise Grammy! And, I know that the next time that I do a lot of embroidery like I did just before Christmas that it probably won't get put away till there is an overwhelming amount out despite Isaac's suggestion!I cooked a turkey breast this afternoon...about the first thing that I have cooked since I did all my Christmas cooking. When Woody got back from next door, we ate supper. After supper he headed off on a walk. So he got his four-mile walk in today. Not long after he left I heard a couple of rumbles of thunder. It did rain some, at least here, before he got back home. And, he is back home safely! That means that we are all settled in for the evening...another quiet one...nice to have this quiet down-time after the holidays without really having anything that HAS to be done! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment