Monday, December 19, 2016

Party! Party! Party!

Getting ready for the third party that we have had at the house this season. Just a party animal here! Tomorrow I have two friends coming over for brunch. We get together at this time each year to exchange gifts and eat and talk...sometimes we eat out and sometimes we go to one or another of our houses. This year I decided that it would be fun to have them here. So today I have been getting things tidied up from yesterday's birthday party for Woody. In case you didn't see I did make a photo blog yesterday on my usual day off from blogging. We had a very good time at that party, too. As far as I know, we only have one more party this week...our family Christmas on Saturday. Woody did his usual Monday visit to the Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and visit another friend who is a resident there. He also ran an errand for me. This afternoon he headed out into the deep freeze and walked four miles. Shortly after he left on his walk, Isaac came in freezing cold. He and Elijah had been playing outside in the leftover ice from what had lightly accumulated yesterday. Elijah had dressed more warmly for playing outside...Isaac neglected to zip his coat or put on gloves. His little fingers were freezing. I told him that I would rub them. He looked concerned and said, "Won't that cause blisters?" He did let me rub them and we got them warm so he could help me for a little while. He crawled under the dining room table and dusted the legs and cross pieces that are down low. I call these jobs that he does for me "his low down" jobs! After he did that he contented himself with turning my vacuum on and off for me when I needed that job done. He's a good little helper. Woody returned a while ago from Monday night prayer meeting at church. We are all settled in for the evening. It's going to be another cold one...already 23 degrees. Brrrrrrrrr! It's supposed to warm up some over the next couple of days. We're hoping for warmer temperatures and no rain for the three nights of our church's "Night In Bethlehem." That will begin on Wednesday and go through Friday. Nathan and Kathy and family will be juggling Christmas once again this year. I will be their unofficial photographer. I usually camp out in the balcony for two of the nights. On the third night I don't usually go as I am usually in over my head with last minute details for our family Christmas on Christmas Eve morning. 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment