Saturday, December 31, 2016

Time's A Tickin'

Just a few hours to go in 2016...boy has this year flown by! Woody headed out to walk four miles this morning before he ran his usual Saturday errands. Before he left to go to the store, he had Graham come over and check out our DVD player. It was on the blink...again. Graham has come to the rescue many times this year, but this time he wasn't able to fix it. So a DVD player got put on Woody's list of items to buy (or at least check out) today. He ended up getting one and Graham came over this afternoon to get it connected...of course we didn't have the right cables, connectors, etc. (Probably due to the fact that the TV is old...Graham told Goosey (Woody) that he had a choice go get the correct cables or buy a new TV!) Woody opted out for the cables...and they had to make two trips to Radio Shack before getting the correct ones. Graham was able to work his usual electronic magic and got it going and Woody was content watching DVD's from the library this afternoon. He is happy to have a new little remote that actually works so he doesn't have to punch buttons on the DVD box and he is happy to be able to once again pause a movie. I'm glad that this remote looks different from the others that are around here so we know which one goes with the DVD player! Sounds like he has needed a new DVD player for a while! I have mainly sat around today...not doing much due to my knee...still feeling appreciative for the fact that we have a knee stabilizer and ice packs because Woody needed them earlier this year. It makes getting up and down much easier and keeps me from bending my knee when doing so. I had wanted to sew this weekend, but my knee has sort of kept me from it. I did start making plans for the ornaments that I will make for family and friends next year. The internet company where I buy most of my machine embroidery designs had a New Year sale that let me get designs for a $1 each...it's hard for me to pass up the $1 sales! I made up my mind about which designs I would purchase using my iPad while sitting in "my recliner" and then came in to my laptop to complete the purchase as I needed to be able to download the designs on this computer. I did manage to finish the one book that I had been reading on for some time and was able to add it to my list of books read in 2016. I had decided that "my treat" for finishing that book was to get to pick out a book from the latest order that I made for the church library. I hadn't gotten them to the church to process yet so had several to choose from. I have gotten underway with the one that I chose so that will probably be the first book on my "Books Read in 2017" list when I complete it. In years gone by I used to stay up all night reading on New Year's Eve/New Year's morning so I could complete my first book of the year on New Year's Day...that goal no longer appeals! I plan to sleep tonight...and, only time will tell if I will see 2017 in or not! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment