Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy 2017!

The acorns that hang on our Christmas tree remind us that out of something small can come great things...a good thought for the new year. We had a usual Monday...except I didn't have school with the children because my knee/leg is still causing me problems. I decided that another day of rest was needed and decided a little while ago that I would take another day of rest for tomorrow. I have done pretty much nothing today. Joseph kept me company for a while this morning and then Isaac this afternoon. I have also done a lot of dozing, reading, and other things that can be done in my recliner! Woody walked four miles today and also went to Life Care to have Bible study with Jeff and visit with other friends who reside there. Abigail tried another recipe this evening from the cookbook that we gave her and invited us over for supper. Woody went and he brought me mine "to-go." She made bean burgers...reminded me of refried beans...quite good. It started raining a little while ago so we are off to a good start for rain in 2017...praying that we don't have a drought like we had in 2016. Woody is downstairs either watching TV or a DVD and perhaps reading. I am heading back to my chair as soon as I hit "publish." Happy New Year to our readers from Woody and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment