Thursday, January 19, 2017

Walker Aside

Woody got up and walked four miles first thing. I think that he walked early to get ahead of the rain. It has rained a good portion of the day...just a steady rain. I made up my mind that today I would put my walker aside and attempt to get my legs "back under me." I have done pretty well, but I am still not going to win any races. Woody went next door this morning looking for some boys to help him take aluminum cans to the "can man." Isaac and Joseph volunteered. Once they got the cans turned in, they came back to the house because the rest of their family was at the church having juggling practice. I decided that I could use their help in the school room. It needed some things put away and back in their proper places before we could hold school in the room once again. Isaac and Joseph were a big help. I managed to get into the room and then sat down in a chair and asked them to do various things and by the time we worked for a while, it once again looked like a school room. Before we started on the school room I had the boys go in and decide if we could have school in there and they both came and reported that we couldn't. So by the time they finished they could see that once again we could have school. They even both sat down at the little table and got some of the school things out and had a little session of school by thenselves. I was ready to head back to my chair. After lunch I was ready for a nap and the rain on the roof lulled me to sleep pretty quickly! Woody is next door as Kathy and Nathan have gone on a date. I don't have any great plans to do anything except read or do something that can be done in my chair for the rest of the evening. My little cleaning venture of the morning was enough for one day! Hoping to build my strength up a little each day now that I am back to being able to move under my own steam. Heading back to my recliner to read and listen to the rain on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment