Friday, January 20, 2017

Progress

I think that I have made progress today. I actually ventured downstairs at three different times. I sat downstairs for a while a couple of the times. The last time I went down to give Woody information about his upcoming Vandy appointments. We got another friendly automated call from Vandy a little while ago reminding him about his scan appointments. I hadn't realized that the scans would be done at an "off-site" imaging center. I either didn't know this when they were made or I had forgotten. Earlier Woody and I had been talking about his upcoming appointments. Woody is thinking that he will be going by himself this time as we're not sure that I will be able to walk as much as will be needed. I still feel rather wobbly. I forgot to tell in last night's blog about yesterday's progress...I can once again get shoes on. That means that the swelling is waaaay down...a very good thing. After spending a couple of hours downstairs this morning, I was ready to head back up to "my recliner" and rest. It wasn't long after I was seated that I dozed. I still don't have a lot of stamina...but, I guess, when I consider that it was three weeks ago today that this all started, it is understandable that I am a bit weak after not doing much for all that time. My problem in nogotiating the stairs is that when you go up the stairs you are supposed to lead with your "good" leg/foot and when you go down you are to lead with your "bad" leg/foot. Well, neither legs/feet are all that great. I have decided that my left leg is my "good" leg since it never had a knee problem. But the left foot is the one that got the worst as far as pain and swelling...so it still resists a bit being considered the "good one!" Woody went for a four-mile walk after lunch (while I was napping). We are both now settled in for the evening with TV, books, iPad, etc. Another "exciting" Friday evening in our household!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment