Saturday, January 28, 2017

Just a "So-So" Saturday

I noticed the other day on one of my two trips out of the house this year that the jonquils and daffodils have popped their little heads up out of the earth. It won't be long till we have the color of flowers back! Woody did his usual Saturday errands--a grocery stop or two, the library, and visiting church members at our local hospital. I guess that it is too much to ask that I have two good days in a row! Yesterday I was feeling so much better (until late in the evening). And, today...hasn't been the greatest of days. One or a combination of the meds that I take seems to have messed with my digestive system. I had noticed for most of the week that I wasn't feeling the greatest and that food wasn't all that appealing to me. I had been quite careful with what I ate this past week...steered away from too many raw veggies, etc. as my "stomach" just wasn't feeling right. Well, last night I really got to feeling bad. Today I have steered away from anything that isn't quite bland...as in the BRAT diet. My stomach/digestive problems seem to be much better this evening but I am still being careful. I have slept off and on most of the day. I am through taking the new gout medicine and I know that I noticed last night that the itching that I have been having in the late evening and in the middle of the night didn't happen...that was a pleasant realization...that itching had been interrupting my sleep for some time. Now if it will only be, that once this med gets out of my system and my system knows it is gone, that my digestive system will be back to normal. I'm ready! It was a month ago today's date that my first gout pain reared its ugly head...at least the gout pain is gone for that attack...a very good thing. Woody and I are both settling in for another quiet Saturday evening. Woody is downstairs reading or working crossword puzzles and watching TV. I guess I will go back to my recliner and continue my day of dozing! Whenever this gets totally over I should be close to caught up on sleep! I have certainly slept a lot over the last month...along with reading (haven't even felt like reading today), playing solitaire on my iPad, watching reruns on my iPad, studying my camera manuals that I have on my iPad, etc. Hoping that I feel like getting back to undecorating in the next day or so! At the rate that I am going the tree will still be up this coming Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment