Friday, January 13, 2017

Positive and Negative

Well, on the positive the swelling in my feet and knees seems to be going down. That, though, leads to a negative in that the pain in my feet is once again more...so it is harder for me to get around. Today starts in on the third week with "this mess!" I'm ready for it to all be a positive report. Still haven't heard from the doctor...and, of course Monday is a holiday...so...Oh, well, this too will pass with or without the doc's imput! Woody has had a busy day. He undertook making one of our favorite soups. It was much appreciated when lunch time rolled around. After lunch Woody went on a four-mile walk. Some of the children have been in and out at various times today. Isaac stayed till it was time to go with Kathy and part of his siblings to pick up one of his cousins. Joy voted to stay here so she could finish her school work in peace and quiet...or so she told me! She ended up eating supper here as the trip to pick up the cousin grew longer than planned. She and Goosey (Woody) chose what would be on her menu...she also had the option of leftovers in her fridge...but chose to eat Goosey's offerings. After supper, she got out the box of Snap Circuits and made electrical circuits until her family returned. I continue to mainly sit with my feet up hoping that eventually the swelling AND the pain will go away. I have spent quite a bit of time reading today. I didn't feel like reading early on into this gout bout...but the last couple of days I have gotten back to reading a bit more. If I manage to finish the book that I am reading at present before I go to sleep for the night, then I will be on track for my goal of reading one book a week. Time will tell if I stay on track! If I do...fine...if I don't...no big deal! I decided that I would post a black and white picture due to tonight's title referring to positive and negative. This barn was taken from the car window when we were on our way to AZ for Thanksgiving back in 2010. It was the picture that I thought of when I thought: "black and white."

No comments:

Post a Comment