Friday, January 27, 2017

Last Refrains

Our Carolers have gathered once again in front of the Christmas tree for just a carol or two more before they get tucked away in their boxes till next Christmas! This afternoon Abigail, Joy, and Elijah came over and packed away the Fisher Price Nativity sets thus clearing the coffee table so the carolers could gather for their annual last sing. Soon the refrains of carols will only be a memory for this year! I have continued to put away Christmas today...still seems just like what I have done is only a couple of drops in the bucket when I look around and see all that still has to be put away...but I guess each item that gets tucked into its box is one step closer...just a slow process. It is still hard for me to go up and down the stairs too often and this is a job that requires a lot of going up and down. I rest in between boxes that get put back in the upstairs hallway...and that rest sometimes turns into a nap! Woody has been chief cook and bottle washer today. He made French toast for our breakfast, veggie burritos for lunch, and Winter Soup for supper. I imagine that he is beginning to wonder if I will ever take back over in the kitchen! He definitely has tried recipes that he wouldn't usually make. He is a very good cook! Despite all his cooking today, he did get in a four-mile walk this afternoon. One last piece of info about Woody and me that I will leave you with this evening...49 years ago today Woody asked me to marry him! Boy...a lot of water has gone under that proverbial bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment