Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Wednesday--Last One for January

Our routine was actually pretty normal for Wednesday...for a change...at least for me! I had school with Joseph and Isaac. Woody headed off to do his Wednesday Kroger and Aldis grocery shopping. Graham came over in the morning with his Civil Air Patrol uniform pants. They need to be hemmed. I made an attempt to mark them to the right length and then basted them up. He came back over this afternoon and we decided that they need to be a bit longer so I will rebaste and see if that length is better. At this point in his growth...better to have them too long than either just right or too short! Guess his first inspection wearing this uniform will tell if we came close to regulation length! After lunch I enlisted Woody to take me to the church library as I needed to take in a box of books and I felt like I didn't need to carry them in myself. That is all the library work that I did today...for that matter all that I have done this month! Donna and Fran did go in and put the place back to rights! It has been rather neglected due to me not being able to get around. I didn't stay at the library as I had a hair appointment. Since Woody took me to the library he just continued on my journey of the day and took me for my appointment. He stayed in the car while I got my hair cut and then we came home. At that point I was rather tired...been a busy day! That was my first time out and about in the car since Christmas. This has been a rather long month for me...though I can't believe that it is almost time for February already. I think that I just lost January somewhere along the way this year while I sat in my chair! My first gout pain struck December 28...so it didn't last quite a month. I would say that that attack is behind me. I just need to regain strength that I lost sitting around for several weeks. Woody went for a four mile walk this afternoon after he got home from running me around for my errands. We are now settled in for the evening. I have been reading, reading, reading. I think that I am on my 11th book for this year...so at this point in the year I am above my goal of reading at least one book a week. I put my name on the waiting list for several e-books and I keep getting notified that they are now available. I got one last night and finished it this morning before I started school with the boys. I will admit that I cut into my sleep last night reading...that's what happens when I "get into" a fast, sit on the edge of your seat read. I will be better tonight and get more sleep. I think that today is one of the first days that I haven't actually napped...just rested for a while after getting home from my haircut but didn't actually ever go to sleep. So I think that is a good sign that "things" are on the upward swing as far as my health. I'm ready to feel good! When I got back into the car after my haircut, Woody pointed out a blue bird to me. I wasn't quick enough to capture that one but decided that I would post a blue bird that I captured at another time for tonight's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment