Friday, January 6, 2017

Same Song!

Same song second or third or fourth or...verse! Things haven't changed a lot for me. "Perhaps" things are a little better...but still very difficult to maneuver across the floor...staying seated is recommended in my mind! We woke up to a dusting of snow on the yards and white roads. Kathy discovered that they were slick when she attempted to drive Joy to her orthodontist appointment. A pretty steep hill kept her from getting their vehicle to cooperate. So I guess she left it parked and she and Joy walked the rest of the way to the appointment. Woody has stayed in today and didn't walk. Last year on one of our snowy days he twisted his knee on black ice and ended up having to have arthroscopic knee surgery. So he took it very easy and didn't risk another injury due to slick surfaces. He continues to take good care of me. I know that it has to be getting old for him...I know it is getting old for me! I'm ready to have free range in my house again...for the moment our bedroom is my domain. It is very cold here...already in the teens...so Woody has been closing curtains, opening bathroom cabinets, and letting faucets drip. Attempting to keep from having frozen pipes. My main activity today was to manage to take a shower...not an easy endeavor but I was glad to have at least accomplished that. I took my shower a little before lunch, ate lunch and then napped off and on during the afternoon. I haven't even felt like picking up a book to read...maybe I will attempt a little reading after I post. Woody is downstairs either reading or watching TV or a DVD. When I need him I call our landline with my cell phone...more than one way to communicate! Stay warm if you are in a deep freeze like we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment